ICMB regularly organizes prestigious public lectures for the Geneva community.
These lectures are held at the Maison de la paix (The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID)), 2A, chemin Eugène-Rigot, at 18:30.
Unless otherwise specified, the lectures are given in English.
The entrance is free.
Next public lecture
Will be re-scheduled to a later date
due to Covid-19
Swiss National Bank
The Swiss macroprudential
framework: past, present and
Last public lectures
Tuesday 3 March 2020
Pablo Hernández de Cos
Banco de España
Challenges of population ageing from a Central Bank perspective
Tuesday 10 December 2019
Hyun Song Shin
Economic adviser and Head of Research
Bank for International Settlements
The dollar exchange rate as a global risk factor
Tuesday 26 November 2019
Professor SciencesPo Paris
Former Deputy Governor
Banque de France
The digitalization of money
Wednesday 27 March 2019
François Villeroy de Galhau
Banque de France
L'Europe face au défi de la croissance
Latest public lectures
- March 3, Pablo Hernández de Cos: Challenges of population ageing from a Central Bank perspective
- December 10, Hyun Song Shin: The dollar exchange rate as a global risk factor
- November 26, Jean-Pierre Landau: The digitalization of money
- March 27, François Villeroy de Galhau: L'Europe face au défi de la croissance
- January 15, Ilan Goldfajn: Central Banking in Emerging Markets
- November 13, Yannis Stournaras: Lessons from the financial crisis and challenges for the Greek banking sector
- October 16, Fernando Restoy: Banking Union: What are the missing pieces?
- October 2, Pier Carlo Padoan: Fiscal adjustment and structural reforms. Italy's narrow path
- April 24, Philipp Hildebrand: The Future of European Integration: The Case for Banking Union
- March 20, Thomas Huertas: Beyond Basel: Can Financial Regulation Tackle Tomorrow’s Technology?
- February 20, Andreas Dombret: Now or later? Completing the European Banking Union
- December 12, Jean Pisani Ferry: France-Un premier bilan
- November 21, Lorenzo Bini Smaghi: Sovereign risk and the sustainability of the euro
- November 9, Jean-Claude Trichet: What Governance for the Eurozone ?
- May 11, Maurice Obstfeld: The Global Economy-Hopes and Fears
- March 28, Andréa M. Maechler: Central Bank Policy in Extraordinary Time
- February 28, Jaime Caruana: Have we passed "peak finance"?
- January 31, Paul Blustein: Laid Low Inside The Crisis That Overwhelmed Europe and the IMF
- November 8, Philip R. Lane: The Monetary Stance in Euro Area
- October 4, Claudia Buch: Regulatory Reform at the Crossroads
- April 26, Gikas Hardouvelis: Greek Crisis - Phase II
- March 15, Richard Baldwin: Global trade and growth after the Doha Round
- December 1, Hans-Joerg Rudloff: Financial Markets amid deteriorating world order
- November 21, Sir Jon Cunliffe: Making macro-prudential policy operational
- October 27, Avinash Persaud: Reinventing Financial Regulation
- September 21, Peter Praet: Current issues on economic policy
- April 21, Danièle Nouy: The Single Supervisory Mechanism - Benefits and Challenges
- February 25, Ksenia Yudaeva: Inflation targeting in Russia
- February 17, Athanasios Orphanides: The politics of the euro area crisis and the ECB
- December 2, Ignazio Visco: Challenges for monetary policy in the euro area
- November 6, Robert Aliber: The problem with international capital flows
- October 21, Fritz Zurbruegg: Long-time low interest rates - too much of a good thing?
- March 25, Klaus Regling: Is the Euro Crisis Over?
- March 11, Anne Héritier Lachat: La Globalisation de la réglementation et de la surveillance financières, son impact sur la Suisse
- February 25, Eswar Prasad: The Dollar Trap
- November 12, Stefan Ingves: Have lessons from previous bank crises been learned?
- October 9, Benoît Coeuré: The Economic Consequences of Low Interest Rates
- May 14, Axel Weber: Bank Regulations And The Future Of Banking
- April 16, Jean-Pierre Danthine: Credit - Is the sky the limit?
- March 20, Thomas F. Huertas: Banking union what will it mean for Europe
- February 12, Andreas Dombret: Financial Systemic Risk
- November 20, Donald Kohn: Unconventional Monetary Policies
- June 5, Vitor Gaspar: Portugal: Policies, achievments and challenges
- May 8, José Viñals: The Quest for Lasting Financial Stability
- March 27, José Manuel Campa: The Challenge to the EUROpean Economy
- February 20, Peter Praet: Monetary Policy In Times Of Crisis
- October 25, Charles Bean: Central Banking Then And Now
- May 17, Thomas Jordan: The «Too Big To Fail» Project In Switzerland
- March 15, Patrick Honohan: Risk And The Sovereign
- November 9, Mark Carney: Looking Back, Moving Forward: Canada And Global Financial Reform
- March 23, George Alogoskoufis: The Euro Area, After The Crisis: What To Do?
- November 24, Jean-Pierre Roth: La Crise Financière S’ Eloigne: Leçons Pour L’Action Future Des Banques Centrales
- October 7, Tony Tan: The Great Crisis And Its Aftermath - Implications For Asia
- April 28, Lorenzo Bini Smaghi: Conventional And Non-Conventional Monetary Policy
- March 24, Jean Lemierre: Emerging Markets: Eastern Europe And The Global Crisis
- March 10, Yu Yongding: China’s Response To The Global Crisis
- May 27, Doris Leuthard: What Does The Financial Sector Crisis Mean For Economic Policy?
- March 4, Marcel Ospel: New Players, New Challenges? Recent And Upcoming Trends In International Financial Markets
- December 18, Philipp Hildebrand: The Challenge Of Sovereign Wealth Funds
- June 19, Arminio Fraga: Monetary Policy Anomalies
- May 2, Jeffrey A. Frieden: Global Capitalism: It’s Fall And Rise In The Twentieth Century
- February 1, Shamshad Akhtar: Lessons From Pakistan’s Banking Sector Reforms
- January 23, Lawrence H. Summers: Reflections On The Management Of Growing Global Reserves
- May 9, Yaga Venugopal Reddy: Financial Sector Reforms In India
- November 22, Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa: Central Banking In Retrospect
- November 8, Thomas Huertas: Dealing With Distress In Financial Conglomerates
- June 7, Axel Weber: European Financial Integration And Monetary Policy
- April 5, György Surànyi: Euro: Opportunity And Challenge For The Transition Economy
- March 23, Leszek Balcerowicz: Lessons Of Post-Communist Transition
- November 9, Joseph C.K. Yam: Asian Finance
- May 18, Anne O. Krueger: Wilful Ignorance: The Struggle To Convince The Free Trade Sceptics
- January 14, Ben S. Bernanke: Monetary Policy In A Low Interest Rate Environment
- November 15, Jean-Pierre Roth: Qu’Attendre De La Politique Monétaire?
- June 17, Lucas Papademos: Monetary Policy: Objectives And Strategy
- August 8, Anne O. Krueger: Why Do We Need A Sovereign Debt Restructuring Mechanism?
- May 21, Michael Mussa: Argentina And The Fund: From Triumph To Tragedy
- April 6, Andrew Large: Banking And Globalization
- March 7, Frits Bolkestein: European Financial And Economic Integration, Ahead To The Barcelona Summit
- January 8, Roger W. Fergusson, Jr: Why Central Banks Should Talk
- November 13, Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa: The Euro In The International Monetary System
- March 20, Christian Noyer: Premières Expériences Avec l’Euro
- February 6, Jean Lemierre: Les Nouveaux Défis De La Transition A L’Est
- June 6, Kaspar Villiger: Défis pour la place financière Suisse
- May 22, Michel Camdessus: Réflexions pour un meilleur usage des chances d’aujourd’hui
- March 14, Philipp Hildebrand: Will markets replace governments?
- February 8, Matti Vanhala: Policy: one size fits all?
- January 24, Pierre de Weck: Resolving cross-border financial crises: what are the roles of the public sector, financial markets and financial institutions